Thomas Powell & Associates – history of our practice
157 High Street, Lincoln is a Regency building which became a dental practice in the 1880’s.
In 1909 Reginald Wood Powell came back from University to begin his career as a dentist at this practice. He was followed by his son Stephen Wood Powell who came to help in 1952. Stephen was followed by his son Thomas Wilhelm Powell in 1985.
At 2012 there has been a Powell in 157 High Street for over 100 years. Over the past one hundred years there have been great changes in dentistry. From foot-treadle drill and boiling water for sterilisation to air-powered instruments and high pressure autoclave sterilisation.
Since the beginning of the National Health Service in 1948 this Practice has been firmly in the NHS. The practice has now developed into a modern one with fully trained nursing staff, two hygienists; one of whom is also a dental therapist.